TOS Representatives for OSM
SEEKING SELF-NOMINATIONS FOR OSM 2024
We invite TOS members to submit self-nominations for Vice-Chair, Early Career Representative, or Student Representative for the 2024 Ocean Sciences Meeting Planning Committee by December 1, 2022.
All TOS Representatives are expected to:
- Participate in regularly scheduled monthly one-hour Planning Committee conference calls, as well as additional conference calls with other relevant committee representatives from AGU and ASLO as needed
- Attend two planning committee meetings (either in-person or virtually). The first will likely take place in June 2023, and the other will take place in October 2023.
- Assist with reviewing and merging sessions and communicating with session chairs as needed; work with other committee members and staff to create the schedule of oral and poster presentations
- Collaborate with other relevant committee members from AGU and ASLO to review past Ocean Sciences Meeting activities and determine activities for OSM 2024. Create plans, invite speakers, coordinate with conference staff on logistical needs as necessary.
- Attend the 2024 Ocean Sciences Meeting, and host, moderate, or monitor activities as assigned.
Travel expenses for participating in in-person planning meetings as well as attendance at the 2024 Ocean Sciences Meeting, will be supported by the Ocean Sciences Meeting general budget.
PLEASE NOTE: The 2024 TOS Vice-Chair will assume the position of TOS Co-Chair for the 2026 Ocean Sciences Meeting (OSM) immediately after the 2024 OSM concludes.
To submit your self-nomination, please prepare a short statement indicating your motivation, interest, and relevant experience (2,000 characters maximum) and submit that information along with your CV by using one of the following submission forms:
- Vice-Chair Submission Form
- Early Career Representative Submission Form
- Student Representative Submission Form
Applicants will be notified of decisions in early 2023. If you have any difficulty accessing the submission form, contact Jenny Ramarui.